Our very own “Dave The Rave” was aimlessly browsing around the Google Play Store last week when he came across Blinq Lollipop Launcher for Android.
Grabbing the nearest Android handset he could find (Galaxy S4), Dave downloaded the launcher and has been test-driving it for just over a week.
We were simply amazed by Blinq Launcher and wanted to make our readers aware of this awesome launcher. Think of Blinq Lollipop Launcher as the only launcher you will ever need – seriously!. We found it to be that good!
Blinq Launcher is based on Android Kitkat 4.4 aosp launcher and offers complete Lollipop (Material) design experience.
It also features Blinq Gesture Anywhere, This lets you use your personalized gestures from anywhere within the phone, so no need to hit the home button anymore – just use gestures. Want to call a contact – simple, create a gesture and assign it to that contact – then draw the gesture on the screen and the call is made!
Blinq Launcher is a highly customizable launcher. Its Smart, Blazing Fast and Amazingly Different. Thats how we like it!
Blinqs Gesture Anywhere feature can launch your fav app/perform any task or even text anybody just by drawing the gesture (shape/alphabet) you have set for it from anywhere on your phone. This makes it convenient and fast to perform simple tasks on the fly.
You can launch Facebook from Blinq Gesture Anywhere and from there you can switch to Twitter and from there you can call some dear one or you can switch to FIFA 15 right from there without hitting the home button. Just let your fingers do the magic.
KEY LAUNCHER HIGHLIGHTS:
★Blinq launcher offers Android Lollipop UI, and is Based on Kitkat Launcher.
★Blinq Launcher is the fastest Kitkat based launcher.
★Blinq Launcher offers more ‘unique’ features than Google Now Launcher or any other launcher.
★Its a Smart Launcher which lets you define a way to launch your stuff.
★Blinq Launcher has more and unique ways to customize your home screen.
● Build your own gesture with Blinq Gesture Anywhere.
● Based on Android 4.4 launcher.
● Android L UI and extreme customization.
● Drawer Folder-You can put your favourite apps under a folder in app drawer.You can put as many folders as you want.You can put upto 16 apps per folder.
● Folder backgrounds for homescreen as well as app drawer folders.
● Text color picker for icon labels,you can change text color on homescreen and app drawer.
● Has options to set icon & dock backgrounds.
● Various font styles to choose from.
● Lots of different transition effects on homescreen and app drawer.
● Custom grid size on homescreen and app drawer.
● Translucent statusbar and navigation bar on devices running above Android 4.4.
● You can change size of text as well as of icons.
● Support for all icon packs made for nova launcher,adw launcher,go launcher,apex launcher etc.
● Say “ok google” to launch Google’s search app(Google Now) from homescreen and app drawer on devices running on Android 4.4+.
● Customize various predefined gestures on homescreen to launch apps or set various useful shortcuts.
● You can set gestures for opening app,opening app drawer,toggle fullscreen,lock/unlock desktop,launch notifications/quick settings,recent apps and much more.
● Support for Unread Count for missed calls,unread messages and unread google mails.Also there are various unread count badges to choose from.
● Exclusive Blinq Wallpapers.
● You can backup and restore your Blinq Launcher setup.
You get all the above in the FREE version. Below is the PRIME version which offers even more customisation:
● Add as many gestures as you want in Blinq Gesture Anywhere.
● App Drawer folders.
● More transition effects on homescreen and app drawer.
● Ability to hide apps from app drawer.
● More dock backgrounds to choose from.
● More Icon backgrounds.
● Few more app activity animations.
● More homescreen gestures.
● Unread counts [Missed call,Unread SMS & Unread G-mail]
● More text font styles to choose from.
As we mentioned above, Blinq Launcher was tested on a Galaxy s4 and it was very fast and smooth. With newer handsets that offer more resources and power, the experience should be amazing!.
The team at Blinq have done a fantastic job and we look forward to seeing what other great features they include in the next update.